An Injury Attorney in Westchester Discusses Your Trial Date
An experienced injury attorney in Westchester is often asked when the actual trial will take place. Because of the many variables involved, it is impossible to give an exact date; however, it helps to know which factors can slow down or speed up your scheduled trial date.
An Injury Attorney in Westchester Lists the Factors Involved
The reason your injury lawyer in Westchester can’t give you an exact trial date is due to the numerous factors that are involved in scheduling cases. Some of these factors include the following:
- How many cases in your county or jurisdiction are awaiting trial
- How many judges are presently available to preside over those cases
- How much pre-trial preparation has been completed by both sides, including discovery, interrogation, and depositions
- Whether or not certain types of trials are given priority in your area
- If lawyers in your jurisdiction have other cases pending
Your injury lawyer in Westchester should be able to give you a rough estimate of when your case might go to trial. In certain jurisdictions, it can take less than a year after a suit is filed for that case to go to trial. In other jurisdictions, it can take many years before similar cases are heard.
You will likely receive sufficient notice to prepare for trial, regardless of the date. For more information, speak to your injury attorney in Westchester.
Contact an Injury Attorney in Westchester for More Information
If you need an injury attorney in Westchester, call Mitchell Baker at 914-681-9500 today to schedule a free initial consultation.